Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2003/06/20 19:29:26 UTC

RE: adding users to jdbc repository

> - Use Java code to drive the James admin interface.
> - Use JDBC to simple insert new users into the database database table.

Or do what I do: manipulate the database directly using SQL.  DigestUtil
runs standalone, so you can use it in a script to encode passwords.

	--- Noel

Re: adding users to jdbc repository

Posted by Kenny Smith <ja...@jakarta.apache.org>.
I certainly can't say that my solution is the best, but it works for me.
I'm running a mod_perl app (I tried doing it in Java, but it just took
too darn long) and I've written a couple of perl modules that
encapsulate the creation/maintenance/deletion of POP accounts. I
attached two Perl Modules to this message, they aren't usable out of the
box for you, but maybe it can serve as an example.

For what Noel is talking about below, refer to the _encodePassword()
subroutine in POP.pm.

Kenny Smith

P.S. BaseObject.pm is my database abstraction module and POP.pm extends
from it so that I don't have to write DBI code over and over.

Posted by Kenny Smith <ja...@jakarta.apache.org>.