Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de> on 2011/10/10 13:54:37 UTC

send wiki notifications to a separate mailing list?

The new wiki is nice. But I don't think sending wiki notifications
to commits@ is a good idea.

I use my commits@ mailbox as both an offline log cache and a full-text
search engine on commits. So I am now filtering commits and wiki
notifications into two separate mail boxes at my end.
But the official archives will be all mixed up.
People looking through commits to the code are likely not interested
in wiki changes and vice versa.
Agreed?

Daniel tells me the ASF infra team would need a request from the PMC
to set up a new list, and a couple of volunteers who moderate the new list.
Any volunteers?

RE: send wiki notifications to a separate mailing list?

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

I'm on that list, but yes no worries YAML is fine too I guess, I do suspect
that after
the initial burst they would die down to a non-noticeable level wherever
they end
up.

Gav...

Re: send wiki notifications to a separate mailing list?

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.

to nofications@ might not be interested in wiki updates.

RE: send wiki notifications to a separate mailing list?

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.