Posted to user@commons.apache.org by amina mimouni <am...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/07 11:17:08 UTC

[SCXML]invoke method with arguments

Hello,

I have question about how invoking method with argument in scxml by Java
libraries or xml declaration

regards,

Amina

Re: [SCXML]invoke method with arguments

Posted by Javier Rodríguez Escolar <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I don't know if it represents the best possible option, but one alternative
could be as follows:

-Create a custom action (i.e InvokeMethod) extending from Action and
implementing the ExternalContent interface.

-Implement the "execute" method so as it takes all the attributes defined in
the InvokeMethod element (class name, method name, ...) and use the
Java.lang.Class to call this method. Extending from ExternalContent will
allow you define the arguments as child nodes in the SCXML definition and
get them as a list of (external namespaced) child nodes in your "execute"
method.

Regards,

Javi.