Posted to ecs-user@jakarta.apache.org by "James C. McMaster (Jim)" <mc...@tatanka.stortek.com> on 2003/04/03 00:24:44 UTC

Looking for help with html Style class

I have just started using ECS 1.4.1, downloaded from jakarta.  I am trying to
understand the org.apache.ecs.html.Style class.  How do I set the attributes
for a css style?  There is an inherited setStyle method that takes a String
argument. but I am not sure that is the way to do it.

Can anyone show me an example?  I looked for the TestBed files in the
distribution, and could not find an examples subdirectory.

--
Jim McMaster
mailto:mcmasjc@tatanka.stortek.com

Re: Looking for help with html Style class

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi jim

On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 11:24 PM, James C. McMaster (Jim) wrote:

> I have just started using ECS 1.4.1, downloaded from jakarta.  I am
> trying to
> understand the org.apache.ecs.html.Style class.  How do I set the
> attributes
> for a css style?  There is an inherited setStyle method that takes a
> String
> argument. but I am not sure that is the way to do it.

org.apache.ecs.html.Style represents a <style> element. the TYPE and MEDIA
attributes can be set by calling setMedia and setType.

> Can anyone show me an example?  I looked for the TestBed files in the
> distribution, and could not find an examples subdirectory.

i think that they probably weren't included in the distribution. since you
said that you were having problems accessing CVS, the easiest way for you
to access them is probably to use cvs view:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-ecs/example/

- robert