Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Hollman Enciso R." <ho...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/27 16:00:02 UTC

outbound/mask traffic configure

I have a virtual router with 3 public ip addresses below have 3 instances;
Can I configure each instance comes to internet with a different public ip?

Thanks

--
Hollman Eduardo Enciso R.
http://algolibre.com

Re: outbound/mask traffic configure

Posted by "Hollman Enciso R." <ho...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Geoff Higginbottom <
geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Sorry, wrong terminology
>
> You need to use the Static NAT feature and you will need 1 Public IP per
> VM in addition to the original Source NAT IP, so you will 4 Public IPs in
> total

someting like that?
http://shankerbalan.net/blog/assign-static-nat-ip-address-using-cloudstack-api/

*thanks

Posted by "Hollman Enciso R." <ho...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 5:17 PM, Geoff Higginbottom <
geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hi Hollman,
>
> You need 4 IPs as there is one for the default Source NAT, then 1 per VM
> to enable Static NAT.
>
> I believe your original request was to enable three VMs to each have a
> unique IP when they access the Internet.
>
> Regards

it works.

thanks a lot!!

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Hollman,

You need 4 IPs as there is one for the default Source NAT, then 1 per VM to enable Static NAT.

I believe your original request was to enable three VMs to each have a unique IP when they access the Internet.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom
CTO / Cloud Architect

D: +44 20 3603 0542<tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540> | M: +447968161581<tel:+447968161581>

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<htp://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@cloudstackguru<https://twitter.com/#!/cloudstackguru>

ShapeBlue Ltd, 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4HS<x-apple-data-detectors://5>

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com>> wrote:

You need to use the Static NAT feature and you will need 1 Public IP per
VM in addition to the original Source NAT IP, so you will 4 Public IPs in
total

I found it on CS UI
http://screencloud.net/v/qjjQ

but, why need 4 ip's ?
why 1 more ?

Thanks a lot

--
Hollman Eduardo Enciso R.
http://algolibre.com

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: outbound/mask traffic configure

Posted by "Hollman Enciso R." <ho...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Geoff Higginbottom <
geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> You need to use the Static NAT feature and you will need 1 Public IP per
> VM in addition to the original Source NAT IP, so you will 4 Public IPs in
> total

I found it on CS UI
http://screencloud.net/v/qjjQ

but, why need 4 ip's ?
why 1 more ?

Thanks a lot

--
Hollman Eduardo Enciso R.
http://algolibre.com
@hollman

RE: outbound/mask traffic configure

You can use the source nat feature, this will link each Public IP to a specific VM