Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/10 18:13:10 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid for Java 6.1.0 (RC2)

Hi folks,

Qpid for Java 6.1.0 RC2 is available for testing.

The  changes against the following JIRAs have been made since RC1:
QPID-7352 : [Java Broker] Principal serialisation
QPID-7409 : Support preview of maps/list message content
QPID-7460 : [Java Broker] Improve performance of the Json Config store with
large numbers of object
QPID-7462 : [Java Broker] Add experimental "pull" consumers to the broker
QPID-7469 : [Java Broker] Improve VirtualHost#publishMessage
QPID-7470 : [Java Broker] Address javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter
shortcomings
QPID-7471 : [Java Broker] MessageConverter should respect mimeType
QPID-7474 : [Java Broker] Guard against NPE in StatisticsReportingTask
QPID-7477 : [Java Broker] Recovery of Broker preferences should happen
without holding VirtualHostPrincipal
QPID-7478 : Add managed operation to reset statistics
QPID-7479 : [Java Broker] Memory estimation formula fails to account for
objects that comprise a persistent messages
QPID-7480 : Incorrect error message when editing "number of connection
threads" of a virtual host
QPID-7481 : Statistics gathering screen label uses wrong unit
QPID-7482 : Heartbeat screen label uses wrong units
QPID-7483 : [Java Broker, WMC] Address minor UI issues
QPID-7485 : [Java Broker] Make the path attribute immutable on file based
authentication/group providers
QPID-7488 : [Java Broker, WMC] Clicking on any of dashboard widget titlebar
icons (collapse pane, edit, goto, or close) triggers widget dragging in IE
QPID-7489 : [Java Broker] Only return false from
AbstractQueue#attemptDelivery if remaining messages on queue can actually
be consumed
QPID-7490 : [Java Broker] Stop CreditCreditManager from spuriously
notifying subscribers of credit increases

The full list of 6.1.0 JIRAs is available at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20QPID%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20qpid-java-6.1

The release source and binary bundles are available from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/java/6.1.0-rc2/

The release maven artifacts are also staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1092

Kind regards
Alex

P.S. For testing of 6.1.0 maven artifacts please add the staging repo into
your maven project as below:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1092</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid for Java 6.1.0 (RC2)

Posted by Lorenz Quack <qu...@gmail.com>.
+1

* verified sha1 and md5 checksums
* created virtualhost and queue via WMC
* ran HelloWorld example
* used SCRAM-SHA-256 authprovider
* created Query, saved it and loaded it
* used https to test VirtualHost#publishMessage and found some issues
(QPID-7515) but I don't consider them blockers.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 10 November 2016 at 18:13, Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Qpid for Java 6.1.0 RC2 is available for testing.
>
> The  changes against the following JIRAs have been made since RC1:
> QPID-7352 : [Java Broker] Principal serialisation
> QPID-7409 : Support preview of maps/list message content
> QPID-7460 : [Java Broker] Improve performance of the Json Config store with
> large numbers of object
> QPID-7462 : [Java Broker] Add experimental "pull" consumers to the broker
> QPID-7469 : [Java Broker] Improve VirtualHost#publishMessage
> QPID-7470 : [Java Broker] Address javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter
> shortcomings
> QPID-7471 : [Java Broker] MessageConverter should respect mimeType
> QPID-7474 : [Java Broker] Guard against NPE in StatisticsReportingTask
> QPID-7477 : [Java Broker] Recovery of Broker preferences should happen
> without holding VirtualHostPrincipal
> QPID-7478 : Add managed operation to reset statistics
> QPID-7479 : [Java Broker] Memory estimation formula fails to account for
> objects that comprise a persistent messages
> QPID-7480 : Incorrect error message when editing "number of connection
> threads" of a virtual host
> QPID-7481 : Statistics gathering screen label uses wrong unit
> QPID-7482 : Heartbeat screen label uses wrong units
> QPID-7483 : [Java Broker, WMC] Address minor UI issues
> QPID-7485 : [Java Broker] Make the path attribute immutable on file based
> authentication/group providers
> QPID-7488 : [Java Broker, WMC] Clicking on any of dashboard widget titlebar
> icons (collapse pane, edit, goto, or close) triggers widget dragging in IE
> QPID-7489 : [Java Broker] Only return false from
> AbstractQueue#attemptDelivery if remaining messages on queue can actually
> be consumed
> QPID-7490 : [Java Broker] Stop CreditCreditManager from spuriously
> notifying subscribers of credit increases
>
> The full list of 6.1.0 JIRAs is available at:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20QPID%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20qpid-java-6.1
>
> The release source and binary bundles are available from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/java/6.1.0-rc2/
>
> The release maven artifacts are also staged at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1092
>
> Kind regards
> Alex
>
> P.S. For testing of 6.1.0 maven artifacts please add the staging repo into
> your maven project as below:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1092</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>

+1

I gave things a check over as follows:
- Verified all the signature and checksum files.
- Checked LICENCE+NOTICE files are present.
- Used "mvn apache-rat:check" to check licence headers in the source release.
- Ran the build (inc javadoc, on Java8) and unit tests.
- Started the broker from the tar.gz binary, loaded the web console
and used it to create a queue.
- Ran the master/0.20.0-SNAPSHOT AMQP 1.0 Qpid JMS client HelloWorld
and Sender+Receiver examples against the broker.

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid for Java 6.1.0 (RC2)

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

My testing was:

1) Verified the md5/sha checksums on all distribution artefacts
2) Verified signatures on all all distribution artefacts
3) Ran Apache RAT against source bundle
4) Built/ran test profiles mms for 0-9 and 0-10 from source bundle
5) Ran hello world against staged maven artefacts against broker from
binary distribution artefact
6) Ran Joram tests using Qpid JMS Client 0.11.1 against broker from
binary distribution artefact.

QPID-7508 was encountered during the testing phase, but this is not
considered sufficiently impactful to stop me +1 the release.
No other issues encountered.

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
Adding my +1 vote

I performed the following tests:
* Started broker
* Using Web Management Console created the following:
** new Virtual Host
** new Queue
** new Queue Binding
** Set preferred timezone and observed that time for log records on
memory log viewer was updated in accordance with the timezone
* Ran  "Hello world" example from 6.1.0 client bundle
* Published messages using AMQP 1.0 JMS Client and received them using
6.1.0 JMS client with 0.9 and 0.10 AMQP protocols
* Published messages using 6.1.0 JMS client with 0.9 and 0.10 AMQP
protocols and received messages using AMQP 1.0 JMS Client

Everything worked for me as expected. No issue was found.

Kind Regards,
Alex