Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Jiří Kuhn <ji...@clapix.com> on 2008/11/07 15:35:58 UTC

[FTPSERVER] Midnight Commander (Linux) behaviour

Hello,

Midnight Commander (mc) is text-based file manager used mainly on Linux/unix
and is capable to work with FTPs. After uploading file it issues a command
SITE CHMOD xxxxx which is not supported by Apache FtpServer. Mc reaction is
displaying red error dialog. This happens after each upload even during
multiple files uploading. It is quite uncomfortable pressing Ok button each
time (especially during multiupload).

My opinion is - if absence of SITE CHMOD command has such a consequence it
would be better to support the command to be there but to do nothing (and
send a note about it to an user). What do you mean?

My solution is attached.

Regards,
Jiří Kuhn

Re: [FTPSERVER] Midnight Commander (Linux) behaviour

Posted by Jiří Kuhn <ji...@clapix.com>.
Hello,

I should say: Mea culpa!

The ftp copy dialog of midnight commandar has a "preserve attributes" option
which is by default on. Turning it off solves my trouble. Who knows how long
it is there... Sorry to blame FTPSERVER.

Jiří Kuhn.

Posted by David Latorre <dv...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.