Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Carlson <cw...@cox.net> on 2004/09/19 08:38:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem installing Apache on Windows XP

I have Apache running on Linux, and it works great.I just installed a precompiled binary of 2.0.51 onmy Windows XP SP1.  It seemed to install fine.  Ianswered the questions (domain name, host name, etc.),and it appears to have filled in the values okay (asfar as I can tell).My computer sits behind a firewall, and I really don'thave a domain name on this side of the wall, so Iprovided the one I have on the other side.  I don't knowif this matters.Anyway, when I tried to start Apache, I got the followingerror message:(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port)is normally permitted.  : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80no listening sockets available, shutting downUnable to open logsI tried defining "Listen" to my internal IP address (x.x.x.x:80), but that justprints the same message with my IP address preceding the :80.Any ideas what the problem could be?Thanks in advance.

Re: [users@httpd] Problem installing Apache on Windows XP

Posted by Chris Carlson <cw...@cox.net>.
Yes it did.  As a matter of fact, I now know that GameSpot installed it.  It
kind of bothers me that they did.  It's gonna be gone in a few minutes.

Thanks again for your help.

Posted by hunter <th...@gmail.com>.
This may help...

Posted by Jonathan Trites <tr...@gmail.com>.