Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Hector Espert <he...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/13 16:18:11 UTC

Re: TravisCI vs Jenkins vs GitHub Actions

Hi everybody

I'm experimenting to move some jobs from Travis to a Jenkins pipeline
running in the Apache infra.

The PR with the changes is here:
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/2443 and this is the Jenkins job:
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-github/

The CloudBees SCM Reporting plugin that is available after the CloudBees
migration allows us to display junit reports in the GitHub interface or
directly in the Jenkins details.
To do the same thing with Travis or with the GitHub actions, we would need
to use an external app.

Moreover, it can substitute this Jenkins jobs:
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-license/ and
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-linux/

Would it be nice to activate these to run in Jenkins or maintain these in
Travis?