Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Trond Andersen <tr...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/03 16:15:19 UTC

Configuration frustrations

I've been trying to create a plugin for Confluence where I use the
Nutch API. The configuration class causes a lot of headaches for me.
If I create one there is an assumption about the location of the
hadoop-default.xml and hadoop-site.xml. This doesn't fit my setup
particularly well. I was thinking about the possibility to write my
own configuration implementation, but the Configuration class isn't a
interface which makes this a bit more tricky.

Have anybody had problems with getting the configuration to work when
running in this kind of scenario? Are there any thoughts of making the
configuration a bit more flexible so possible alternative
implementation can be used?

Have the project considered using the commons-configuration API? This
is an API where it's easier to write own implementation of the API.

Best regards
Trond Andersen