Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com> on 2005/08/30 20:55:18 UTC

Re: committer account request

Martin Sebor wrote:
[...]
> I'm trying to request a user account for [...] one our
> committers who only recently faxed in his CLA (on 8/24 to be
> exact). The instructions on the page below say to monitor the
> file iclas.txt in the foundation/officers repository to see
> whether the CLA has been recorded:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newcommitter
>
> I'm having trouble finding the file or the repository.
[...]

I wonder if this page has the same info as the iclas.txt file:
     http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html#unlistedclas

Could someone please confirm?

Thanks
Martin

Re: committer account request

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Martin Sebor wrote:

> FWIW, I didn't read the text as saying that *only* ASF members can
> view the file but rather that PMC members should be able to view it
> and if not, then an ASF member will definitely be able to. Since I
> am a PPMC member (but not a PMC one), I was unclear about whether
> I should expect to have the permissions to view it or not.

I clarified that sentence now. Thanks.

-David

Re: committer account request

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Martin Sebor wrote:
>
>>Martin Sebor wrote:
>>[...]
>>
>>>I'm trying to request a user account for [...] one our
>>>committers who only recently faxed in his CLA (on 8/24 to be
>>>exact). The instructions on the page below say to monitor the
>>>file iclas.txt in the foundation/officers repository to see
>>>whether the CLA has been recorded:
>>>http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newcommitter
>>>
>>>I'm having trouble finding the file or the repository.
>

> That page also says that only ASF members can view
> that file.

Sorry for missing (or rather misreading) that.

FWIW, I didn't read the text as saying that *only* ASF members can
view the file but rather that PMC members should be able to view it
and if not, then an ASF member will definitely be able to. Since I
am a PPMC member (but not a PMC one), I was unclear about whether
I should expect to have the permissions to view it or not.

>>I wonder if this page has the same info as the iclas.txt file:
>>    http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html#unlistedclas
>>
>>Could someone please confirm?
>

> Yes, good discovery. It does. I will tweak the
> pmc.html page.

Thanks, the tweak will definitely help!

Martin

Re: committer account request