Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Roman Gelfand <rg...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/14 00:24:58 UTC

sa-learn

I have deployed spamassassin with postfix on mail gateway machine.   My
dovecot mailbox server is on another machine.  The mail on mailbox server
is stored on maildir.

If I understand this correctly, If I want to run sa-learn, I need to nfs
mount mailbox server to the mail gateway.

Is this an optimal way to accomplish this?  Are there other methods?

Thanks in advance

Re: sa-learn

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Mon, 13 Apr 2015, Roman Gelfand wrote:

> I have deployed spamassassin with postfix on mail gateway machine.   My
> dovecot mailbox server is on another machine.  The mail on mailbox server
> is stored on maildir.
>
> If I understand this correctly, If I want to run sa-learn, I need to nfs
> mount mailbox server to the mail gateway.
>
> Is this an optimal way to accomplish this?  Are there other methods?

Probably somewhat suboptimal.

You can run sa-learn locally on the mailbox server to populate local Bayes
database files, and then copy those files over to the SA server,
momentarily down SA, rename them on top of the existing ones, and restart
SA.

  Today: Thomas Jefferson's 272nd Birthday

Re: sa-learn

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 4/13/2015 6:24 PM, Roman Gelfand wrote:
> I have deployed spamassassin with postfix on mail gateway machine.
> My dovecot mailbox server is on another machine.  The mail on mailbox
> server is stored on maildir.
>
> If I understand this correctly, If I want to run sa-learn, I need to
> nfs mount mailbox server to the mail gateway.
>
> Is this an optimal way to accomplish this?  Are there other methods?
>
> Thanks in advance
Well, I'm thinking that off-the-cuff, sa-learn just needs access to a cf
file, the mail and the backend store so you could just run it on the
mailbox server...

Regards,
KAM