Posted to user@wookie.apache.org by Heidi Gardler <he...@opendirective.com> on 2012/02/19 13:17:04 UTC

enyo template problem

Hi I have just started using wookie. I am trying to get an html5 audio
tag to work using the enyo templates. If I put the tags in
content_primary.html nothing shows up in the widget it is blank even
though I have other content like a title etc. in the html.  It doesn't
seem to like java script either.
If I simplify my widget to contain just <p>helloworld</p1> all is ok.
I did get audio and video tags to work before in wookie but not using
the enyo template.
Do I need to add something somewhere to get html5 to work with enyo
templates or is it a different issue that is causing the problem?

I keep getting this error but not sure what it means

     [java] 12:11:53,502 ERROR ContextListener:211 - floaudio.wgt:Hot deploy err
or: file is not a valid widget package - null
     [java] org.apache.wookie.w3c.exceptions.BadWidgetZipFileException
     [java]     at org.apache.wookie.w3c.W3CWidgetFactory.processWidgetPackage(W
3CWidgetFactory.java:264)
     [java]     at org.apache.wookie.w3c.W3CWidgetFactory.parse(W3CWidgetFactory
.java:169)
     [java]     at org.apache.wookie.w3c.W3CWidgetFactory.parse(W3CWidgetFactory
.java:154)
     [java]     at org.apache.wookie.server.ContextListener$1$1.fileModified(Con
textListener.java:188)
     [java]     at org.apache.wookie.util.WgtWatcher.check(WgtWatcher.java:95)
     [java]     at org.apache.wookie.server.ContextListener$1.run(ContextListene
r.java:233)
     [java] 12:12:02,648  INFO ContextListener:198 - floaudio' - Widget was succ
essfully updated in the system.

Thanks for your help!

Heidi

Re: enyo template problem

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
On 20 February 2012 13:35, Heidi Gardler <he...@opendirective.com> wrote:
> On 19 February 2012 12:39, Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com> wrote:
>> Sent from my mobile device, please forgive errors and brevity.
>>

>> On Feb 19, 2012 12:17 PM, "Heidi Gardler" <he...@opendirective.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi I have just started using wookie. I am trying to get an html5 audio
>>> tag to work using the enyo templates. If I put the tags in
>>> content_primary.html nothing shows up in the widget it is blank even
>>> though I have other content like a title etc. in the html.  It doesn't
>>> seem to like java script either.
>>
>> When you look at the html source for the widget (with audio) in the browser
>> what do you see?
>>
> nothing very helpful (I looked before) maybe it will meaning something to you
> I have removed the head tag etc as it didn't look like anything you would need
>
>    <script type="text/javascript">
>      new floaudio_widget().write();
>    </script>

In isolation that means nothing. I was actually after what is rendered
by the browser can you use a dev tool to inspect the DOM after that
line is supposed to have been executed. What about setting a
breakpoint to verify that line is executed. We need to ascertain
whether this is being executed and if it is why it is not writing the
content as expected.

Given that you have switched the template below and it works this
really looks like an enyo problem. Can you please package up your
widget (unfinished is fine) and upload it to our issue tracker at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WOOKIE

This will help us debug in the future.

>>> If I simplify my widget to contain just <p>helloworld</p1> all is ok.
>>> I did get audio and video tags to work before in wookie but not using
>>> the enyo template.
>>> Do I need to add something somewhere to get html5 to work with enyo
>>> templates or is it a different issue that is causing the problem?
>>
>> This sounds like it's an Enyo problem. They are probably using some kind of
>> HTML filter which is stripping certain content. I can't think of any reason
>> why the Wookie templates would strip these tags.
>>
>> Try switching to the JQuery templates in widget.properties and seeing if it
>> works.
>>

> OK that is working thanks!

>> PS for the eagle eyed you'll notice I really do insist on everything going
>> to the list (hint check the surnames)
>>
> Yes its best on the list ;)

:-)

> Same name different countries though! I hope your flight with Steve is
> good as possbile with lots of leg room!

It was a great flight, Qatar Airline are my new favourite airline, I
recommend everyone fly with them whenever possible.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)

Re: enyo template problem

Posted by Heidi Gardler <he...@opendirective.com>.
On 19 February 2012 12:39, Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com> wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2012 12:17 PM, "Heidi Gardler" <he...@opendirective.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi I have just started using wookie. I am trying to get an html5 audio
>> tag to work using the enyo templates. If I put the tags in
>> content_primary.html nothing shows up in the widget it is blank even
>> though I have other content like a title etc. in the html.  It doesn't
>> seem to like java script either.
>
> When you look at the html source for the widget (with audio) in the browser
> what do you see?

nothing very helpful (I looked before) maybe it will meaning something to you
I have removed the head tag etc as it didn't look like anything you would need

    <script type="text/javascript">
      new floaudio_widget().write();
    </script>

>> If I simplify my widget to contain just <p>helloworld</p1> all is ok.
>> I did get audio and video tags to work before in wookie but not using
>> the enyo template.
>> Do I need to add something somewhere to get html5 to work with enyo
>> templates or is it a different issue that is causing the problem?
>
> This sounds like it's an Enyo problem. They are probably using some kind of
> HTML filter which is stripping certain content. I can't think of any reason
> why the Wookie templates would strip these tags.
>
> Try switching to the JQuery templates in widget.properties and seeing if it
> works.

OK that is working thanks!

>> I keep getting this error but not sure what it means
>>
>>     [java] 12:11:53,502 ERROR ContextListener:211 - floaudio.wgt:Hot
>> deploy err
>> or: file is not a valid widget package - null
>>     [java] org.apache.wookie.w3c.exceptions.BadWidgetZipFileException
>
> I assume these are unconnected issues since if you are unable to deploy you
> would not see anything at all.
>
> Plus...
>
>>     [java] 12:12:02,648  INFO ContextListener:198 - floaudio' - Widget was
>> succ
>> essfully updated in the system.
>
> Indicates you are getting correct deploys sometimes. Without knowing what is
> different between these two cases it's hard to suggest what the problem is.
> Can you narrow down what causes this different behaviour?

html5 audio tags

Re:enyo template problem

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.