Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Washeim <31...@t-online.de> on 2000/07/25 19:54:45 UTC

Re: Cookie TagLib?

on 25/7/00 7:42 pm, Kevin Sonney at kevin@webslingerz.com wrote:

> Well, the users list is not being helpful, so I'll ask here :
>
> -----------------------
> Gang -
>
> Does anyone have any pointers or docs on using the XSP Cookie taglib? I've
> read the source, but that's not helping too much for waht I want to do.
>
> Here's what I'd *LIKE* to do :
>
> <cookie:create name="User"><request:get-remote-user/></cookie:create>
>
> That, of course fails. So, the question is, how could I do this :
>
> <cookie:create name="User" value="<request:get-remote-user/>" />
>
> without resorting to putting Java in my XML doc.
>
> Am I missing something? Did I miss a discussion in the archives? Have I
> completely misunderstood how to use the taglibs? *grin*~

I'd suggest using nested <xsp:attribute> tags:

<cookie:create name="User">
    <xsp:attribute name="value">
        <request:get-remote-user/>
    </xsp:attribute>
</cookie:create>

--
Mark (Poetaster) Washeim

that await translation.

Quem colorem habet sapientia?'

Evan S. Connell

Re: Cookie TagLib?

Posted by Kevin Sonney <ke...@webslingerz.com>.
On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Mark Washeim wrote:
> I'd suggest using nested <xsp:attribute> tags:
>
> <cookie:create name="User">
>     <xsp:attribute name="value">
>         <request:get-remote-user/>
>     </xsp:attribute>
> </cookie:create>

Causes a compile error - without the value= attribute, the xsp generator
adds a call to :

String.valueOf()

to the generated java file. Hmm. Maybe a bug in the taglib? creating the
whole element set with xsp:element and xsp:attribute. But *THAT* just
results in the cookie:* elements being generated in the final XML doc, and
not processed by XSP.

Bugger. Anyone used this library, and if so, got any examples?

--
- Kevin Sonney
  kevin@webslingerZ.com