Posted to dev@madlib.apache.org by Orhan Kislal <ok...@pivotal.io> on 2018/10/19 17:21:04 UTC

[Announce] Apache MADlib v1.15.1 released

The Apache MADlib team is pleased to announce the immediate
availability of the 1.15.1 release.

The main goals of this release are:
New features:
    - Add ubuntu support for MADlib (MADLIB-1256).
    - Elastic Net: Add grouping by non-numeric column support (MADLIB-1262).
    - KNN: Accept expressions for point_column_name and test_column_name
(MADLIB-1060).
    - Vec2Cols: Allow arrays of different lengths (MADLIB-1270).
    - Madpack: Add a script for automating changelist creation.

Bug fixes:
    - Allocator: Remove 16-byte alignment in GPDB 6.
    - Build: Download compatible Boost if version >= 1.65 (MADLIB-1235).
    - Build: Remove primary key constraint in IC/DC.
    - CMake: Fix false positive for Postgres 10+ check.
    - Graph: Add id of nodes with 0 in-degree (MADLIB-1279).
    - Margins: Copy summary table instead of renaming (MADLIB-1276).
    - MLP: Simplify momentum and Nesterov updates (MADLIB-1272).
    - Upgrade: Fix issue with upgrading RPM to 1.15.1 (MADLIB-1278).
    - Utilities: Use plpy.quote_ident if available.

Others:
    - Simplify maintenance via removing online examples from sql functions
(MADLIB-1260).
    - Re-enable PCA and PageRank tests (MADLIB-1264).
    - Build: Disable AppendOnly if available ( MADLIB-1273).
    - Improve documentation of various modules.

The complete release notes can be found here:

  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/MADlib+1.15.1

You can download the source release and convenience binary packages
from Apache MADlib's download page here:

  http://madlib.apache.org/download.html

Alternatively, you can download through an ASF mirror near you:

  https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/madlib/1.15.1

----

Apache MADlib is an open-source library for scalable in-database
analytics. It provides data-parallel implementations of mathematical,
statistical and machine learning methods for structured and
unstructured data.

The MADlib mission: to foster widespread development of scalable
analytic skills, by harnessing efforts from commercial practice,
academic research, and open-source development.

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at
https://madlib.apache.org

----

Thank you, everyone who contributed to the MADlib 1.15.1 release. We
look forward to continued community participation for the next
release.

Regards,
Orhan Kislal

Re: [Announce] Apache MADlib v1.15.1 released

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks for sending this note with the details of the 1.15.1 release.  And
thanks for being the release manager again.

Frank

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.