Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2009/04/06 16:43:35 UTC

SLING-887 - dojo: suggest replacing the current bundle with dojo 1.2.3

Hi,

In SLING-887, Andreas Hartmann provides a patch (thanks!) that creates
a new dojo bundle, while keeping the existing one.

We'd then have:

contrib/extensions/dojo:
  Provides dojo 1.1.1, dojo resources under /dojo

contrib/extensions/dojo-1.2.3:
  Provides dojo 1.2.3, dojo resources under /dojo/1.2.3

I agree with moving the resources to /dojo/1.2.3, but I'd rather keep
only one dojo bundle, i.e. have only

contrib/extensions/dojo:
  Provides dojo 1.2.3, dojo resources under /dojo/1.2.3

(which means updating our dojo-sling samples accordingly)

WDYT?

-Bertrand

Re: SLING-887 - dojo: suggest replacing the current bundle with dojo 1.2.3

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.

Bertrand Delacretaz schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> In SLING-887, Andreas Hartmann provides a patch (thanks!) that creates
> a new dojo bundle, while keeping the existing one.
>
> We'd then have:
>
> contrib/extensions/dojo:
>   Provides dojo 1.1.1, dojo resources under /dojo
>
> contrib/extensions/dojo-1.2.3:
>   Provides dojo 1.2.3, dojo resources under /dojo/1.2.3
>
> I agree with moving the resources to /dojo/1.2.3, but I'd rather keep
> only one dojo bundle, i.e. have only
>
> contrib/extensions/dojo:
>   Provides dojo 1.2.3, dojo resources under /dojo/1.2.3
>
> (which means updating our dojo-sling samples accordingly)
>
> WDYT?

I agree, that we should rather only provide a single dojo package.

It probably makes sense to provide the resources below a versioned
location to allow for multiple dojo versions to co-exist.

And of course we might need to adapt the samples.

A question regarding the JsonRestStore: Will this be version dependent ?
I.e. run on dojo 1.2.3 but not on 1.1 ?

On a related note: Currently we are including the dojo source to enable
server side dojo stuff (never understood, what this is for), correct ?
Is this really required or just some
"nice-treat-no-one-will-ever-use-anyway" ? Or did I completely
misunderstand the whole thing ?

Regards
Felix