Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com> on 2014/10/24 19:02:23 UTC

[RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 2.1.1 released

The Cassandra team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Cassandra
version 2.1.1.

Apache Cassandra is a fully distributed database. It is the right choice
when you need scalability and high availability without compromising
performance.

 http://cassandra.apache.org/

Downloads of source and binary distributions are listed in our download
section:

 http://cassandra.apache.org/download/

This version is a bug fix release[1] on the 2.1 series. As always, please
pay
attention to the release notes[2] and Let us know[3] if you were to
encounter
any problem.

Enjoy!

[1]: http://goo.gl/ytYBFb (CHANGES.txt)
[2]: http://goo.gl/cQW3RF (NEWS.txt)
[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA

Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 2.1.1 released

Posted by Ben Hood <0x...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Ben Hood <0x...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Or does the release require time to propagate itself out?

The ccm team inform me that the binaries might take up to 48 hours to
propagate their way out.

Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 2.1.1 released

Posted by Ben Hood <0x...@gmail.com>.
Thanks very much for this maintenance release :-)

Are there any known issues with ccm on 2.1.1 (see trace below)?

Or does the release require time to propagate itself out?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/ccm", line 4, in <module>
    __import__('pkg_resources').run_script('ccm==1.2', 'ccm')
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/pkg_resources.py", line 517, in run_script
    """Add `dist` to working set, associated with `entry`
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/pkg_resources.py", line 1430, in run_script
    return real_path
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ccm-1.2-py2.7.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/ccm",
line 72, in <module>

  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/ccmlib/cmds/cluster_cmds.py",
line 99, in run
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/ccmlib/cluster.py", line 43, in __init__
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/ccmlib/repository.py", line 38, in setup
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/ccmlib/repository.py", line 151,
in download_version

ccmlib.common.ArgumentError: Invalid version 2.1.1 (underlying error
is: HTTP Error 404: Not Found)