Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2012/12/01 03:06:55 UTC

Re: Please add me to The OpenOffice.org Documentation Project list

Rob Weir wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Keith N. McKenna
> <ke...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Rob Weir wrote:

>>> We could do a "call for volunteers" to find more people interested in
>>> documentation.  If we promote this like we did QA, Marketing and
>>> Translations, we could easily see 10-20 people express serious
>>> interest.  But for this to work it is best if there is some framework
>>> they can fit into, some plan or structure that they can add their
>>> efforts to.  For documentation an outline at the very least.
>>>
>>> If you are interested in getting more volunteers this way let me know
>>> and I can help on the recruitment.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> -Rob

>> Rob;
>>
>> A call for volunteers would be helpful, but with with Jean no longer
>> actively working on the project there is a lack o the skills she had in the
>> field to make that coherent outline. Let me get together an update for were
>> we are as far as the print documentation and hopefully it will clear my head
>> a bit for the longer term needs.
>>

> That would be the point of a call for volunteers then, wouldn't it?
> Bring in more volunteers with the skills needed to create an outline,
> etc.  There are independent books written on OpenOffice and certainly
> Microsoft Office all the time.  There are many people who have the
> skills needed.  All we need to do is ask.
>
> The goal should be (IMHO) to reach a critical mass of volunteers where
> the tasks are not only doable, but fun.
>
> -Rob
>
>> Regards
>> Keith

Rob;

Your original response, to me at least, implied the need for a an
outline or framework to be in place before the call would be effective.
if we can attract people with the needed skills then I am all for it. We
need to start a serious discussion about where we go with documentation
for the 4.0 release.
Lets go ahead and put out the call or volunteers for docuentation. What
do you b=need rom me at this point to get started?

Regards
Keith