Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Priyanka Deepala <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/22 14:11:07 UTC

Setting up a CloudStack dev environment on Windows7

Hii,
I installed cygwin from http://cygwin.mirrors.hoobly.com.. I'm following
the cheatsheat for setting up the environment. Can anyone please help me
what is meant by

   - mklink mkisofs.exe genisoimage.exe
   - mklink python.exe python2.7.exe

RE: Setting up a CloudStack dev environment on Windows7

Posted by Donal Lafferty <do...@citrix.com>.
Those links allow one .exe to be substituted for another.

For instance, mkisofs.exe is not really available on windows; however, genisoimage.exe offers the same functionality and takes the command line parameters.  Using mklink mkisofs.exe genisoimage.exe, you create a file system entry for mkisofs.exe that points to the same file as genisoimage.exe

DL

Posted by Alex Hitchins <al...@alexhitchins.com>.
Hey,

I tried to set up a dev environment on Windows. My advice to you is don't. Get an Ubuntu VM or go Mac based.

I know it's possible and good to at least establish that it does work on all platforms, however if you are doing dev work, it's just painful. Well, it was for me.

If you do get it working then I would love you to write up/document (or even better - script up) your work.

Cheers,

Alex

Alex Hitchins | 07788 423 969 | 01892 523 587

Posted by Priyanka Deepala <pr...@gmail.com>.
Tanq