Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Thomas Saxtoft <Th...@excitor.com> on 2013/08/30 09:22:11 UTC

Slow performance on parsing stream

In our current setup we are calling DavMethodBase. getResponseException() and the call takes around 20 secs to terminate. I have debugged the code and found the DomUtil.parseDocument makes a call to a DocumentBuilder.parse() which is the one that takes that long to execute. I have been playing around a little bit and found that when creating the BUILDER_FACTORY, if I set namespaceAware to false (this is the default) and also set the feature http://apache.org/xml/features/nonvalidating/load-external-dtd to false then the calls returns in ms.

Is this a possible bug, or should I be doing things differently?

Best regards,
Thomas Saxtoft | Developer
[cid:image001.png@01CEA55D.6AEFE010]

EXCITOR  A/S
Spotorno Allé 12 | 2630 Taastrup | Denmark
P: +45 70 21 68 00 | M: +45 24 66 90 33
www.excitor.com<http://www.excitor.com/> | thomas.saxtoft@excitor.com<ma...@excitor.com>

Follow us:  [cid:image002.png@01CEA55D.6AEFE010] <http://www.facebook.com/dmebyexcitor>  [cid:image003.png@01CEA55D.6AEFE010] <http://www.twitter.com/dmebyexcitor>  [cid:image004.png@01CEA55D.6AEFE010] <http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2799611&trk=myg_ugrp_ovr>
This email and any attached files along with it, may contain confidential information and is for the addressees' eyes only. The information included is not to be surrendered, released or copied to any unauthorized persons. If you have received this communication by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone: +45 7021 6800 or by sender's email and delete this email from your computer. Thank you.

Re: Slow performance on parsing stream

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2013-08-30 09:22, Thomas Saxtoft wrote:
> In our current setup we are calling DavMethodBase.
> getResponseException() and the call takes around 20 secs to terminate. I
> have debugged the code and found the DomUtil.parseDocument makes a call
> to a DocumentBuilder.parse() which is the one that takes that long to
> execute. I have been playing around a little bit and found that when
> creating the BUILDER_FACTORY, if I set namespaceAware to false (this is
> the default) and also set the feature
> http://apache.org/xml/features/nonvalidating/load-external-dtd to false
> then the calls returns in ms.
>
> Is this a possible bug, or should I be doing things differently?

Sounds like a potential bug.

Can you provide a dump of the response message that takes that long to
parse?

Best regards, Julian