Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kurt Sultana <ku...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/03 09:54:35 UTC

Return stemmed word

Hi,

We have stemming in our Solr search and we need to retrieve the word/phrase
after stemming. That is if I search for "oranges", through stemming a search
for "orange" is carried out. If I turn on debugQuery I would be able to see
this, however we'd like to access it through the result if possible.
Basically, we need this, because we pass the searched word as a parameter to
a 3rd party application which highlights the word in an online PDF reader.
Currently, if a user searches for "oranges" and a document contains
"orange", then the PDF wouldn't highlight anything since it tries to
highlight "oranges" not "orange".

Thanks all in advance,
Kurt

Re: Return stemmed word

Posted by lboutros <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kurt,

I think this is a bit more tricky than that.

For example, if a user searches for "oranges", the stemmer may return
"orang" which is not an existing word.

So getting stemmed words might/will not work for your highlighting purpose.

Ludovic.

-----
Jouve
France.