Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@lerdorf.on.ca> on 1997/09/04 00:23:30 UTC

... in .conf files

I poked around in the mod_perl sources but got a tad lost.  Could someone
here post a short point-form summary of where the hooks are to allow a
parser to parse things in the Apache .conf files at startup?

With the cool new PHP3 parser, I am looking at letting people put PHP
scripts in the Apache conf files.

-Rasmus

Re: ... in .conf files

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
Damn we never did get the better interface to this done.  There is no
direct interface, you have to play with the core functions.  My proposed
solution was to add a "getline" function pointer to the cmd_params
structure, and use that as a callback into mod_perl to get the next line
of config.  Then mod_perl wouldn't have to know much except how to set up
a cmd_params and call the processing loop (whatever it's called, I
forget).

Dean