Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sh...@netscape.net on 2005/03/31 16:24:03 UTC

How to run tests only after building a war file?

Hi,
after being able to run my htmlunit tests (thanks to vincent for
the dependency hint!) I am just struggling with the order, when
the unit tests are run.
As I have a seperate project to build the war, I thought it would
be intended to have the testcases for this war inside this project.
Unfortunately the war:webapp goal depends on having test:test
goal run before.
So would you recommend to create an additional project just containing
the (functional) tests for the (running) web application?
[My first try included a preGoal for test:test which contained
an attainGoal to "tomcat:deploy". Unfortunately this resulted
in an endless loop within maven.]
Yours
Stefan

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

Re: How to run tests only after building a war file?

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
shoening@netscape.net wrote:

>Hi,
>after being able to run my htmlunit tests (thanks to vincent for
>the dependency hint!) I am just struggling with the order, when
>the unit tests are run.
>As I have a seperate project to build the war, I thought it would
>be intended to have the testcases for this war inside this project.
>Unfortunately the war:webapp goal depends on having test:test
>goal run before.
>So would you recommend to create an additional project just containing
>the (functional) tests for the (running) web application?

Yes - it fits nicely to the way Maven is doing things and in the long
run you accumulate enough test code to justify an independent project.
And if you feel bored writing HTMLUnit tests you can also switch to
Canoo WebTest .... ;-)