Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jamie Krasnoo <we...@myeboard.com> on 2001/01/09 01:20:48 UTC

RedHat 7.0 and mod-perl

Is anyone using mod-perl with apache-1.3.14 on RedHat 7.0? Any complaints?

Jamie Krasnoo

Re: RedHat 7.0 and mod-perl

Posted by andrewl <an...@hostahaven.com>.
Francesc Guasch wrote:
>>Me, core dumps.
---------------------
Well, I'm trying to as well.  I have:
RedHat 7.0
Apache-1.3.14
Perl-5.6.0
mod_perl-1.24_01
Berkeley-3.1 (seemed required to get Sendmail 8.11.1 working).

RE: RedHat 7.0 and mod-perl

Posted by "G.W. Haywood" <ge...@www.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Jamie Krasnoo wrote:

> (startup.pl) seems to get run twice.

Isn't this mentioned in the Guide?

73,
Ged.

RE: RedHat 7.0 and mod-perl

Posted by Blue Lang <bl...@gator.net>.
On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Jamie Krasnoo wrote:

> have a PerlRequire set to startup.pl. It (startup.pl) seems to get run
> twice. I have dynamic subroutines loading up on startup so the init gets run

Are you getting your information from strace or from top/ps?

If you haven't, strace it or run it from gdb and see what's up with it. Is
this a source install of apache + mod_perl, or packages?

--
   Blue Lang, Unix Voodoo Priest
   202 Ashe Ave, Apt 3, Raleigh, NC.                          919 835 1540

RE: RedHat 7.0 and mod-perl

Posted by Jamie Krasnoo <we...@myeboard.com>.
I have one problem that realy is more of an annoyance than a threat. I've
mentioned it before and realy got no solutions as to why this happens. On
RedHat 7.0 when I have mod_perl-1.24_01 compiled in to apache-1.3.14 and
have a PerlRequire set to startup.pl. It (startup.pl) seems to get run
twice. I have dynamic subroutines loading up on startup so the init gets run
twice when it starts. It doesn't damage anything when it happens but this
problem only seems to happen with RedHat 7.0 and its an updated version of
it too. Could be that the glibc is still funky after putting in the new rpm
but its realy weird. One other thing is that when a stale pid file is
present it seems to only run the startup file once, super weird.

Not sure why it does this since I don't get this with any of the other Linux
distros or earlier RH distros (6.2 on down seems to behave just fine).

Jamie

Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 10:18:21 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) mod_perl/1.24

--
 - frankie -

Re: RedHat 7.0 and mod-perl

Posted by Francesc Guasch <fr...@etsetb.upc.es>.