Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Stuart Rossiter <St...@htk.co.uk> on 2006/07/07 13:50:30 UTC

[VFS] Known hosts checking for SFTP Ant tasks?

Hi.

   A potentially simple question but couldn't find anything on it
anywhere else on the Commons VFS site or archive.

I'm using the <v-copy> Ant task to a test STFP server on localhost
(freeFTPd on Windows XP). All connections fail (a 'could not connect to
SFTP server at "sftp://user:pwd@localhost/"' error), even though I can
connect fine via e.g. FileZilla.

I suspect that the issue may be the known_hosts file (or lack of), and
there are a few forum posts about this. However, in the "black box" Ant
task implementation, where is this checking for such a file (or is
strictHostKeyChecking off by default?). I have a known_hosts file (from
the FileZilla connection) in my Windows user home area and tried putting
this in various locations, but to no avail.

Any advice would be appreciated. In particular, is there no way to get
the full Java error trace, rather than just this generic error message?

Regards, Stuart

Security System. http://www.messagelabs.com

Re: [VFS] Known hosts checking for SFTP Ant tasks?

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!
> Any advice would be appreciated. In particular, is there no way to get
> the full Java error trace, rather than just this generic error message?

Start trying with a simple java class.

Something like:

FileObject fo = VFS.getManager().resolveFile("sftp:// .....");
fo.getContent().getLastModificationTime();

That way you should get a better stacktrace.

Ciao,
Mario