Posted to user@helix.apache.org by Komal Desai <ko...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/08 19:55:40 UTC

Ability to close issues ?

Hello,

I am wondering how I can clean up the bug backlog of Apache Helix?
Currently there are 279 open issues and very hard to prioritize the top
bugs.

I see multiple duplicate bugs,
eg: https://github.com/apache/helix/issues/2414
and
https://github.com/apache/helix/issues/2193

Both are for:
[Failed CI Test]
afterClass(org.apache.helix.integration.multizk.TestMultiZkConnectionConfig)

Please let me know how I can get the required access to close the bugs.

Process - improvements??

Posted by Komal Desai <ko...@gmail.com>.
With the latest changes to Gitlab, we have to wait for committee members to
approve our review request to go through PR-CI.

Is it possible to revert or do something, so that for each iteration of
code review, we don't require to wait ?

Within LinkedIn, we have only 2 members who are on committee and others are
not yet. Can we publish the guidelines on what it takes for a member to
become part of an elite committee?

thanks,
Komal (LinkedIn - Helix)

Re: Ability to close issues ?

Posted by Junkai Xue <jx...@apache.org>.
For duplication, as you mentioned before, that's the failure of the main
branch and metaclient branch.

When you have a fix to the issue and checkedin, the issue will be
automatically closed. Without commit, only committers have the privilege to
close the bug directly.

Or you can list out all old tickets. We can help to close the outdated ones.

Best,

Junkai

Re: Ability to close issues ?

Posted by Komal Desai <ko...@gmail.com>.