Posted to users@camel.apache.org by mpaivafontes <mp...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/20 23:41:15 UTC

Camel Quartz and JobStore

Hello,

I'm trying to use the misfire property from Camel-Quartz persisting the data
at the database ( SQL server ) with JobStore from Quartz but i'm facing a
strange problem after the restart of the application.

For some reason after the restart, all data disappear for some reason and
the misfire is not getting triggered.

When i setted the xx.isClustered=true the all data is kept what does make
sense, but it's not my case.

I would like to know if is there any way to keep the data intact after the
app restart so i can see the misfire working properly.

The class used to control the transaction is
org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreTX

Regards !

Re: Camel Quartz and JobStore

Posted by garrydias <ga...@gmail.com>.
JBoss 7 does not have Quartz in its modules.

Is this problem related to this issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-6067?

thanx

Re: Camel Quartz and JobStore

Posted by mpaivafontes <mp...@gmail.com>.
Hello Chris Wolf,

I don't think it could be a conflict problem since that the properties are
been set correctly
Anyway i'm going to check

Thanks for reply

Re: Camel Quartz and JobStore

Posted by Chris Wolf <cw...@gmail.com>.
Don't forget that JBoss runs it's own instance of Quartz as a service.
I'm not sure
how you're configuring the JobStore implementation, but if it's via
the quartz.properties
and the JBoss instance of quartz reads the same properties, then maybe
there's a conflict?

Posted by mpaivafontes <mp...@gmail.com>.
Hello garrydias,

The data disapear during the CamelContext shutdown at the route shutdown.

*14:43:19,421 INFO  [org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext] (MSC
service thread 1-7) Apache Camel 2.11.0 (CamelContext:
infosender-scheduler-camelContext) is shutting down*
14:43:19,423 INFO  [org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultShutdownStrategy] (MSC
service thread 1-7) Starting to graceful shutdown 71 routes (timeout 300
seconds)
14:43:19,444 INFO  [org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultShutdownStrategy] (Camel
(infosender-scheduler-camelContext) thread #25 - ShutdownTask) Route:
/schedule540 shutdown complete, was consuming from:
Endpoint[quartz://xxxxxxxx?cron=0+0+12%2C17+*+*+%3F&stateful=true&trigger.misfireInstruction=1]
.
.
.
14:43:20,007 INFO  [org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultShutdownStrategy] (MSC
service thread 1-7) Graceful shutdown of 71 routes completed in 0 seconds
14:43:20,860 INFO  [org.apache.camel.component.quartz.QuartzComponent] (MSC
service thread 1-7) There are no more jobs registered, so shutting down
Quartz scheduler: QuartzScheduler
14:43:20,865 INFO  [org.quartz.core.QuartzScheduler] (MSC service thread
1-7) Scheduler QuartzScheduler_$_NON_CLUSTERED shutting down.
14:43:20,866 INFO  [org.quartz.core.QuartzScheduler] (MSC service thread
1-7) Scheduler QuartzScheduler_$_NON_CLUSTERED paused.
14:43:20,867 INFO  [org.quartz.core.QuartzScheduler] (MSC service thread
1-7) Scheduler QuartzScheduler_$_NON_CLUSTERED shutdown complete.
14:43:20,878 INFO  [org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext] (MSC service
thread 1-7) Uptime 28.908 seconds
*14:43:20,879 INFO  [org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext] (MSC
service thread 1-7) Apache Camel 2.11.0 (CamelContext:
infosender-scheduler-camelContext) is shutdown in 1.457 seconds*

Re: Camel Quartz and JobStore

Posted by garrydias <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi mpaiva.

The jboss 7 disable feature is not directly related to your issue. It seems
your jboss7 disable procedure is shutting down your CamelContext and your
quartz routes as well.

Can u certify yourself if the tables data disapears at CamelContext

Posted by mpaivafontes <mp...@gmail.com>.
Hello Claus,

I'm already setting stateful=true and the data is getting modified properly.

I've noticed that the  IS_VOLATILE column might have something in this, but
i've changed by updating the column manually but nothing happened.

I'm using jboss7.1 and when i disable the app the data get deleted after
each route shutdown.

Any other idea what might be ?

Thanks

Re: Camel Quartz and JobStore

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Can you try setting stateful=true

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:41 PM, mpaivafontes <mp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use the misfire property from Camel-Quartz persisting the data
> at the database ( SQL server ) with JobStore from Quartz but i'm facing a
> strange problem after the restart of the application.
>
> For some reason after the restart, all data disappear for some reason and
> the misfire is not getting triggered.
>
> When i setted the xx.isClustered=true the all data is kept what does make
> sense, but it's not my case.
>
> I would like to know if is there any way to keep the data intact after the
> app restart so i can see the misfire working properly.
>
> The class used to control the transaction is
> org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreTX
>
> Regards !

Claus Ibsen
www.camelone.org: The open source integration conference.