Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by forum <an...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/10 06:16:12 UTC

how to config SA to scan mail from localhost

I'm testing the SA but my server can't connect to outside world. Thus, i've to send mail from localhost to myself to find how accurate SA is.
Unfortunately, SA don't scan mails that sent from localhost.

how can I reconfig it to scan every mail.

really need your help
heng

Re: how to config SA to scan mail from localhost

Posted by Duncan Hill <sa...@nacnud.force9.co.uk>.
On Tuesday 10 May 2005 05:16, forum wrote:
> I'm testing the SA but my server can't connect to outside world. Thus, i've
> to send mail from localhost to myself to find how accurate SA is.
> Unfortunately, SA don't scan mails that sent from localhost.

SA scans what you hand to it to scan.  If your mail server doesn't hand mail
from localhost to SA, then SA won't see it to scan it.

Re: how to config SA to scan mail from localhost

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> I'm trying to solve the second problem. It is how to send an e-mail with a
> fake header that is as like as header of real mail.
> Can you help me to solve this problem. Is there any program that can send
an
> e-mail with header that i can chose.

IS there any reason you absolutely have to use a php form and qmail?
You can simply submit any file as a complete email to SA directly and have
it scanned, and get the results back:

>From a unix command line, just yype "spamassassin -t <filename" where
<filename> is the name of a text file containing a complete mail message
with headers.

        Loren

Re: how to config SA to scan mail from localhost

Posted by forum <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you're right.
I have just solved my first problem. Now, I can send e-mails via php and
they are scanned by SA. My solution is using another computer to send
e-mails across private lan.

I'm trying to solve the second problem. It is how to send an e-mail with a
fake header that is as like as header of real mail.
Can you help me to solve this problem. Is there any program that can send an
e-mail with header that i can chose.

Thank you everybody and sorry to ask twice.
Heng

Posted by Chris Lear <ch...@laculine.com>.

--
Chris

Re: how to config SA to scan mail from localhost

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.