Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2002/05/16 12:18:34 UTC

[CMS] What abut Slide?

http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/

:-?

            - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [CMS] What about Slide?

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Ivelin Ivanov wrote:
> Xincon looks promising. Is it in the xindice trunk yet?

Jan is an Xindice committer, and we are working on a xincon rewrite
which will eventually be Avalon based. Skeleton code is already in
Xindice scratchpad but ATM I don't have a minute to follow this baby.
Anyway WebDAV support is on top of my wish list for Xindice.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: [CMS] What about Slide?

Posted by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org>.
Xincon looks promising. Is it in the xindice trunk yet?

Posted by Diana Shannon <te...@mac.com>.
On Thursday, May 16, 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>> I'd prefer to focus the energy on what we have (CVS, Cocoon rendering
>> static information et al.) until we have a showcase that can convince
>> infrastructure@apache.org we need access to Nagoya.
>
> Yes, you know I agree, it was just a RFC since I've heard of XIndice
> before
> on the list but not Slide.
>
> Anyway, I think that we can make a more dynamic system using what we
> have...

Agreed. Then there are developers who ask for comments, from time to
time, about building components that *may* be useful once the Cocoon
site has such infrastructure available. Shouldn't people like that get
some feedback from Forrest? Is it appropriate to plant seeds for the
future? Or should they be working on a scratchpad contribution? Or
should people like that go join another open source CMS project?

I'm just trying to understand the utility of these varying types of
discussions.

Diana

Re: [CMS] What about Slide?

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.