Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Uw...@dlr.de on 2021/07/01 06:32:08 UTC

how to upload data files for use in notebook (python)

Hi,

I need to have an option to upload (csv) files with data to be processed in the notebooks (in Python). So far, I found several potential solutions:

  1.  Scp to the local file system on the server
  2.  Host the file somewhere and use wget
  3.  run a separate dash app on the same server for user friendly file upload (https://dash.plotly.com/dash-core-components/upload)

All of these have some drawbacks and for all of them the user has to "leave" the notebook and at least for 1) also need to have appropriate credentials. Does there exist a better solution for file upload in apache zeppelin than my potential solutions above (as of today I would opt for dash)? I found https://support.labs.cognitiveclass.ai/knowledgebase/articles/781422-how-to-import-data-for-use-by-apache-zeppelin but drag&drop does not work as expected.

Best regards,
Uwe

AW: how to upload data files for use in notebook (python)

Posted by Uw...@dlr.de.
Thanks for the fast reply. Unfortunately, cloud storage is not the preferred option for us. We would need to host any solution on our own internal server.

Unfortunately, zeppelin doesn't provide such function now. Have you consider to use cloud storage ? So that zeppelin can read from there.

<Uw...@dlr.de>> 于2021年7月1日周四 下午2:32写道:

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: how to upload data files for use in notebook (python)

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang