Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/01 19:53:16 UTC

DriverManagerDataSource and Servicemix

I'm having a hard time figureing out how to setup a datasource in
servicemix.  I'm getting the error:

Caught: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Failed to load type: org.springframework.jdbc.dat
asource.DriverManagerDataSource. Reason: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverMana
gerDataSource; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDat
aSource
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Failed to
load type: org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.
DriverManagerDataSource. Reason: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataS
ource; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource

There are a bunch of spring jars in the lib directory, but I don't see this
class.  Do I have a broken servicemix version or am I supposed to be adding
this myself?

Re: DriverManagerDataSource and Servicemix

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
I went ahead and added spring-jpa-2.0.1.jar and spring-jdbc-2.0.1.jar
persistence-api-1.0.jar into my servicemix lib directory to get past the
problems I mentioned before (I'm still surprised I'd have to do this
myself).  Now I'm getting new problems with the hibernate jars not being
accessible to the classloader.  does this now mean that my hibernate jars
shouldn't be in my service unit and should instead all be added to the
servicemix lib directory?  This doesn't seem right to me.....

with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in
class path resource [flare-hibernate-spring.xml]: Invocation of init method
failed; nested exception is java.lang.Illegal
ArgumentException: interface
org.hibernate.ejb.HibernateEntityManagerFactoryis not visible from
class loader
Caused by:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: interface
org.hibernate.ejb.HibernateEntityManagerFactory is not visible from class l
oader
        at java.lang.reflect.Proxy.getProxyClass(Proxy.java:353)
        at java.lang.reflect.Proxy.newProxyInstance(Proxy.java:581)
        at
org.springframework.orm.jpa.AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.createEntityManagerFactoryProxy
(AbstractEntityMan
agerFactoryBean.java:270)
        at
org.springframework.orm.jpa.AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet
(AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBe
an.java:251)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods
(AbstractAutowir
eCapableBeanFactory.java:1057)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean
(AbstractAutowireCa
pableBeanFactory.java:1024)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean
(AbstractAutowireCapabl
eBeanFactory.java:421)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(
AbstractBeanFactory.java:245)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton
(DefaultSingletonBeanRegist
ry.java:140)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(
AbstractBeanFactory.java:242)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(
AbstractBeanFactory.java:156)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons
(DefaultListableB
eanFactory.java:270)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(
AbstractApplicationContext.java:346)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(
ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:
92)