Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nacho <na...@siapi.es> on 2000/05/19 15:22:55 UTC

SQL processor problem

Hi, All

I'm trying my first Database page with cocoon, this a simple "select *
from table", it works, it produces a xml file but IE5 complaints it a
"not well formed XML", producing the page to file, i've observed that
all the accented chars present in the table are getting transformed to a
"?" in ie5 an thus eating the next chracters incidentally the next
caracter was a "<" os a tag and this make the XML not well formed, ¿
anyone know how to correct this, perhaps a page enconding or something
like that?

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega

Re: SQL processor problem

Posted by Rafael Oropeza <ro...@eud.com>.
Check your encoding attibute in <?xml ...> PI

Nacho wrote:

> Hi, All
>
> I'm trying my first Database page with cocoon, this a simple "select *
> from table", it works, it produces a xml file but IE5 complaints it a
> "not well formed XML", producing the page to file, i've observed that
> all the accented chars present in the table are getting transformed to a
> "?" in ie5 an thus eating the next chracters incidentally the next
> caracter was a "<" os a tag and this make the XML not well formed, ¿
> anyone know how to correct this, perhaps a page enconding or something
> like that?
>
> Saludos ,
> Ignacio J. Ortega

Rafael Alberto Oropeza Baudet

(48) Let's honor our mistakes by allowing them to teach us. Let's consider
our failings to be gifts, and share them humbly with others. Let the cracks
in our perfect facades let in light and air so that new life can grow
through them.
Molly Gordon