Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Robert Goodman <RG...@longboard.com> on 2002/07/24 20:32:44 UTC

deployment descriptor help

I am somewhat new to SOAP, so bear with me...

I understand that the service I am deploying on the backend has interface
methods.  I understand how to specify those methods in the
DeploymentDescriptor.xml.  What I do not know is how to supply the type
definitions of the parameters of those methods.

Using the DeploymentDescriptor.xml from the SOAP sample messaging:

<isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
             id="urn:po-processor" type="message">
  <isd:provider type="java"
                scope="Application"
                methods="purchaseOrder bustedRequest XXX">
    <isd:java class="samples.messaging.POProcessor" static="false"/>
  </isd:provider>

<isd:faultListener>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</isd:faultListene
r>
</isd:service>

how would I individually specify that purchasOrder really is
purchaseOrder(String, int, boolean[]), bustedRequest really is
bustedRequest(int, int, boolean), etc?  Isn't this necessary for proper
publishing of a service so that when service discovery happens, the
discoverer knows what to send in the request?

Robert.

Re: deployment descriptor help

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
> how would I individually specify that purchasOrder really is
> purchaseOrder(String, int, boolean[]), bustedRequest really is
> bustedRequest(int, int, boolean), etc?  Isn't this necessary for proper
> publishing of a service so that when service discovery happens, the
> discoverer knows what to send in the request?

Apache SOAP does not provide any support for WSDL, WS-Inspection, etc.
Axis, the next generation of Apache SOAP, supports WSDL.

Scott Nichol

Re: deployment descriptor help

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.