Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Morgan <Jo...@apexcapitalcorp.com> on 2002/09/11 22:44:27 UTC

isapi filter

Well, IIS works as does tomcat.  The plugin appears to almost work.  Perhaps there is a problem or someone there might shed some light on this for me.  I try to access the extension and I see it hit tomcat. Tomcat gives me a 404 error but IIS logs a 200.  My browser displays the 404.
Everything is set up according to the instructions.  Yeah, I know.  Two of us have gone through the instructions 7 times each.  No go.  We have also used two different versions of the isapi_redirect.dll.  This is all running on 2000.

If anyone can give us a hand, wahoo and thanks.  If not, then I am reporting a bug.
Thanks a bunch!
Jon Morgan

Re: isapi filter

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
A little more information would be helpful.

1. What is the URI that you are typing in the browser?

2. What does your uriworkermap.properties look like?

3. What does your workers.properties look like?

4. What version of Tomcat/IIS are you using?

One of my first guesses that I have is that you're
trying to access the examples from the
http://localhost/tomcat/ page.  However, if you look
at the source for the page, the JSP and servlet
examples are relative to the Tomcat home page - ie.,
examples/jsp/index.html.  However, the virtual
directory set up in IIS probably points to
http://localhost/examples.  Change the source for the
Tomcat home page, or access the examples directly via
http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html and see what
happens.

I use IIS/Tomcat/Cocoon/Jetspeed/Xindice on this poor
Windows/2000 Professional machine and it seems to work
reasonably well.

/mde/

just my two cents . . . .