Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net> on 2002/11/14 16:55:32 UTC

Re: HOWTO: Screw up a repository (svnadmin load repo > svn_dump)

Jostein Christoffer Andersen <jo...@josander.net> writes:
> Is it wise to make sure that svnadmin are checking that
> ((! left_side_of_gt_is_dir) && (! right_side_of_gt_is_file)) before
> executing the command?

This is not within svnadmin's power -- it's just getting input from
stdin, it never sees the filename as an argument (the shell sets all
this up).

I think it's a good interface.  The (hard-learned) lesson is that when
you have a failure, and your lifeboat is a backup file, the *first*
thing to do is always to make a another copy of that backup.

-K

Re: HOWTO: Screw up a repository (svnadmin load repo > svn_dump)

Posted by Jostein Christoffer Andersen <jo...@josander.net>.
On Thursday 14 November 2002 17.55, Karl Fogel wrote:

> This is not within svnadmin's power -- it's just getting input from
> stdin, it never sees the filename as an argument (the shell sets all
> this up).

This is just to stupid by me.. I guess I need some sleep..
I'm doing a _lot_ of bash and perl programming at work and still, this
happend.

> I think it's a good interface.  The (hard-learned) lesson is that when
> you have a failure, and your lifeboat is a backup file, the *first*
> thing to do is always to make a another copy of that backup.

Agree and done :-)

Jostein

Jostein Christoffer Andersen <jo...@josander.net>
http://www.josander.net/