Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/10/14 20:01:48 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by MikhailBautin

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by MikhailBautin:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy

The comment on the change is:
Adding the Lydia project at Stony Brook University.

    * We are gathering world wide DNS data in order to discover content distribution networks and
    configuration issues utilizing Hadoop DFS and MapRed.

+  * [http://www.textmap.com/ The Lydia News Analysis Project] - Stony Brook University
+   * We are using Hadoop on 17-node and 103-node clusters of dual-core nodes to process and extract statistics from over 1000 U.S. daily newspapers as well as historical archives of the New York Times and other sources.
+
   * [http://www.tailsweep.com/ Tailsweep] - Ad network for blogs and social media
    * 8 node cluster (Xeon Quad Core 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 500GB/node Raid 1 storage)
    * Used as a proof of concept cluster