Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2002/12/17 00:23:11 UTC

Website failings [Was: GUI of the website, where's an overview? (not simply found)]

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Socha, Henri J,,DMDCWEST wrote:

> Make the list of Jakarta subprojects more prominent. It does not have to be
> on a seperate page, on the main page is fine and probably best. My request
> is placing it and/or links to it in such a position that finding it is
> easier.

I agree. The Welcome and the Sub-projects are the most important parts of
the page, followed closely by the News. Other News and Elsewhere probably
do not need to be the first thing someone reads.

On a legal note, the front page needs to link back to the Apache website
itself.

Other minor notes:

The Welcome in the top left should link to index.html#welcome and not just
index.html.

The navigation structure needs reviewing. There are 12 front page options,
with sub-options.

Any other views out there?

Re: Website failings [Was: GUI of the website, where's an overview? (not simply found)]

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Furthermore:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/faqs.html

****
Say, why isn't there an ApacheForge?

For the time being, there are incubators enough. Though, if someone has
the itch for an incubator project to host products with licenses
compatible with Apache, the appropriate party to contact with a proposal
for such a thing would the Apache Software Foundation.

Many SourceForge projects do use the Apache License , and we hope this
segment will continue to grow. Indeed using Apache Software license before
you make a proposal for becoming an Jakarta project will help ease fears
that kudos was a motivator.
****

Do we need to change this now Apache Incubator has been voted for?
Also, as far as I know, only Apache may use the Apache License. Should
this link to some form of page on how to use the Apache License?

Hen