Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ken Grigg <ke...@amikanow.com> on 2000/04/06 16:02:27 UTC

Broken pipes, sendRedirect URLs

Hi,

I'm getting great results so far using Tomcat 3.0 + Apache 1.3.9 on
Redhat Linux 6.1, but I get the following error popping out on the
Tomcat console (seemingly) randomly after page output is successfully
fed to a client... sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesn't.  I see
no adverse effects at all, but I'd like to know the cause of this.

Does anyone know? My thought was that the client (IE5) drops the socket
before Tomcat does -- a glare condition that should be expected.

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpResponseAdapter.doWrite(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.doWrite(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.reallyFlush(Compiled
Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.Response.finish(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Compiled Code)
        at
(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

One other thing... how do I make a response.sendRedirect use a relative URL?
If I use a relative URL it can't find the page.

Thanks...	Ken.