Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ryan LeCompte <le...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/02 01:25:15 UTC

Hive ODBC SQLRowCount functionality

Hello all,

It appears that Hive's current ODBC driver does not support SQLRowCount. Is
there a plan to support this at some point?

We see a comment below on SQLRowCount.c in HiveODBC (Hive 0.4 release);
// TODO: actually implement this funciton when Hive Server supports this
functionality, but fake it for now to satisfy MicroStrategy

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: Hive ODBC SQLRowCount functionality

Posted by Ning Zhang <nz...@facebook.com>.
Hi Ryan,

The current ODBC implementation does not support SQLRowCount. The
supported ODBC functions are listed at the end of http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HiveODBC
.

We are currently more focused on extending SQL features to enables 3rd
party applications integrating with Hive through ODBC rather than
implementing the complete ODBC functions per se. However a number of
ODBC functions are in our radar (e.g. SQLGetInfo and SQLCancel).
Anyone who are interested in implementing one of the missing ODBC
functions are more than welcome. Just open a JIRA and discuss there or
on hive-dev mailing list.

Thanks,
Ning