Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Kelly Campbell <ca...@channelpoint.com> on 2001/02/14 20:37:45 UTC

[bug] xalan-j 2 redirect extension not 100% backwards compatible

I don't know if you want this counted as a bug or just a caveat that should
be documented.

The redirect extension class specified with
xmlns:redirect="org.apache.xalan.xslt.extensions.Redirect" isn't 100%
compatible between Xalan 2 and Xalan 1.

In the FOP build we're seeing redirects from Xalan 1 placed relative to the
current working directory, but Xalan 2 redirects are placed relative to
either the source xml or xsl file (I can't tell which one cause they're both
in the same directory). Somehow the classic javac compiler finds these
output files in their new locations, but jikes does not so we hadn't noticed
the problem until now.

For example:
Xalan1 outputs to: build/src/org/apache/fop/fo/properties
Xalan2 outputs to: build/src/codegen/build/src/org/apache/fop/fo/properties

The xml and xsl files it's transforming with are in build/src/codegen, and
the CWD is the root of the FOP project.

I can work around this in our build.xml if this isn't going to be fixed.

-Kelly
--
Kelly A. Campbell                       Software Engineer
<ca...@channelpoint.com>                 ChannelPoint, Inc.