Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Vieri <re...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2020/09/25 10:53:32 UTC

confirmation message for each connection attempt

Hi,

Is it possible to add a confirmation message each time a user tries to connect to a service?

eg. each time a user tries to connect to an RDP or VNC or Telnet or SSH service, a warning would pop up saying that the session might be recorded for security and support reasons. The message would also ask the user's permission to either:
1) proceed connecting with sesison recording enabled
2) proceed connecting without session recording
3) cancel connection

I realize this might not suit everyone's needs, so any pointers on how to "override" and customize the connection page to do this (for each connection oject)?

Vieri

Re: confirmation message for each connection attempt

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 6:53 AM Vieri <re...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to add a confirmation message each time a user tries to
> connect to a service?

Well, possible, yes, but not by simply checking a box or enabling something
- this would involve some code changes to make it happen.  I'm not even
sure it could be done at this point with any type of extension - I think
you'd need to make some pretty significant changes to the Guacamole Client
webapp code to accomplish this.

-Nick