Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com> on 2002/03/06 11:43:05 UTC

DispatchAction and image input

I would like to use the functionality of DispatchAction in conjunction with
the html:image tag, but in reading the documentation and looking over the
source code (ver. 1.0), it appears that it is not possible.

The scenario I have is very common. A single form with 3 image buttons
(create, update, delete), each processing the data in different ways. I
would like the same action class to process the data for each of the 3
possible user gestures. The problem is that the parameter in the HTTP
request will be button_name.x and button_name.y and therefore it appears
that this will cause a NoSuchMethodException to be thrown.

It is relatively easy to fix this problem, but I was wondering if it had
already been addressed.

Thanks,

robert