Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Xavier Renard <Xa...@ulg.ac.be> on 2002/08/16 12:24:39 UTC

null pointer exception

Hi,

I'm trying to install soap with Tomcat on Debian Woody.
I can access the servlet rpcrouteur with success with a web browser
Unfortunatly, when I try to list of services via the console, i do
receive a null pointer exception.

:~$ java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouteur list
        at
org.apache.soap.transport.TransportMessage.read(TransportMessage.java:206)
        at org.apache.soap.util.net.HTTPUtils.post(HTTPUtils.java:382)
        at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.java:309)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:248)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClient.java:129)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.list(ServiceManagerClient.java:151)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:237)

In my log, I can see that the servlet is made unavailable after that(I
guess)

2002-08-16 12:02:15
StandardWrapper[/soap:org.apache.catalina.INVOKER.rpcrouteur]: Marking
servlet org.apache.catalina.INVOKER.rpcrouteur as unavailable
2002-08-16 12:02:15 invoker: Cannot allocate servlet instance for path
/soap/servlet/rpcrouteur

Do someone have an idea?

Xavier