Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com> on 2004/07/17 18:07:37 UTC

Descriptor churn

Gents,

Reviewing slide logs as much as I do I am seeing a very high number or
storeRevisionDescriptor calls when nothing has changed, the user is just
navigating around.  If this is resulting in filesystem I/O or database
I/O then this seems to be a huge waste of cycles and should be addressed
for scalability reasons.  I am presuming this has to do with transient
locks but I haven't had the time to research fully.

Michael Oliver

CTO

Matrix Intermedia Inc.

3325 N. Nellis Blvd, #1

Las Vegas, NV 89115

Phone:(702)643-7425

Fax:(520)844-1036

Re: Descriptor churn

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de>.
I have just checked it with the current CVS head and did not observe any
calls to storeRevisionDescriptor...

Oliver

RE: Descriptor churn

Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com>.
Ok, that's great, now if we can verify the startup cycle of
storeRevisionDescriptors I saw with just a browser is needed for some
reason, we can just watch for unnecessary calls but we don't have to dig
deeper.

Michael Oliver
CTO
Matrix Intermedia Inc.