Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <aa...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/04 15:03:23 UTC

Re: [SUCCESS] [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Belated congrats on the release!

I just added the new Tapestry to Bootique 1.1 [1], with no issues so far. Available (albeit still as a SNAPSHOT [2]) for use with modern Java in a modern container-free environment :)

Andrus

[1] https://github.com/bootique/bootique-tapestry
[2] https://maven.objectstyle.org/nexus/content/repositories/bootique-snapshots/io/bootique/tapestry/bootique-tapestry55/1.1-SNAPSHOT/

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 12:36 PM Andrus Adamchik <aa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Great. I may have overlooked that part. Somehow it always seemed connected
> to the core.

The name doesn't help avoiding the confusion. It should probably have been
named HiveMind 3, following the name of its predecessor used in Tapestry 4,
or something else completely. Core is very connected to IoC indeed, but IoC
doesn't even know Core exists.

--
Thiago

Re: [SUCCESS] [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <aa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 4:06 PM Andrus Adamchik <aa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You are probably going to like it. Service management ideas are rather
> close to Tapestry (map and collection contributions that enable modularity
> and module "pluggability"), but arguably a bit more user-friendly

Interesting!

| and can be used outside of a webapp (e.g. a headless job runner app).

Tapestry-IoC can be used without tapestry-core (the web framework) and
outside webapps, so I'm not sure I'm following you about this. Tapestry-IoC
has no dependencies on tapestry-core or anything web-related.

Bootique apps have the smallest possible footprint and fast startup times

Thiago

Re: [SUCCESS] [VOTE] Tapestry 5.5.0-beta-3

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <aa...@gmail.com>.
You are probably going to like it. Service management ideas are rather close to Tapestry (map and collection contributions that enable modularity and module "pluggability"), but arguably a bit more user-friendly and can be used outside of a webapp (e.g. a headless job runner app).

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Awesome! Thanks!

> [...]

> >> is ready.
> >>
> >> I've also created a v5.5.0-beta-3 tag in Git:
> >>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=cbedad6f1d457c883faaeaf3f9fcbbec3de99816
> >>
> >> It includes the following tickets:
> >>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TAP5%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0.0
> >>
> >> Vote will run for at least three days and requires majority approval
> from
> >> the PMC: At least 3 binding +1 votes and more positive than
> >> negative binding votes.
> >>
> >> On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven artifacts, the archives,
> >> and make the necessary updates to JIRA and the Tapestry site.
> >>
> >> Only votes cast by Tapestry PMC members are binding, but input
> >> from the community is highly valued. Please indicate whether your
> >> vote is binding or not after your full name (as it will appear in

Thiago