Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Damian Staniforth <da...@sssltd.co.uk> on 2003/04/01 17:54:20 UTC

Redirects

Hi,

We are currently using 1.1 b3 and are having problems with redirect
ActionForwards in certain servlet containers.

In WebSphere 4.0.3 if I have an application deployed with a context root
of '/app' and within an ActionForward redirect to '/add.do', the browser
actually redirects to '/app/app/add.do' and struts sees '/app/add.do'
rather than '/add.do'.

In Tomcat (4.0.3?) I don't see the problem.

Looking at the code of RequestProcessor.java the processForwardConfig
method prepends request.getContextPath to the path in the ActionForward.
Reading the servlet spec I believe that the servlet container should
worry about the context root and not the application.

Is anyone else having problems with redirects, or have I misunderstood
struts redirecting?

Cheers
Damian