Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jon Stewart <st...@ellipsis.cx> on 2002/07/29 01:05:56 UTC

checking out xml source from CVS?

Hi -

The development team I'm on is going to be writing a lot of documentation
in the next few weeks. I'd like to use Cocoon for publishing our docs.
However, we'll no doubt be keeping our docs under source control in CVS.
Is there any way to for Cocoon's generators to do checkouts from CVS?

I'm sure this question has come up before, but I couldn't find anything.

tia,

Jon
--
Jon Stewart
stew1@ellipsis.cx

"and dropping a barbell, he points to the sky, saying 'the sun's not
yellow, it's chicken.'"

			-- Bob Dylan

Re: checking out xml source from CVS?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.

Steven Noels wrote:

> Jon Stewart wrote:
>
>> Hi -
>>
>> The development team I'm on is going to be writing a lot of
>> documentation in the next few weeks. I'd like to use Cocoon for
>> publishing our docs. However, we'll no doubt be keeping our docs
>> under source control in CVS. Is there any way to for Cocoon's
>> generators to do checkouts from CVS?
>

> Jon,
>
> have a look at Forrest - http://xml.apache.org/forrest/ - a project
> documentation system built on top of Cocoon. It does support CVS -
> automatically extracting sources from CVS and building them remotely.
> I have a feeling it should be almost everything you're looking for.

I didn't know that. That's good to know. I wanted to try out JCVS some
weeks ago,
but never found the time. So I probably first try out the Forrest stuff.

Michael

Posted by "Anthony W. Marino" <an...@AWMObjects.com>.
Steven,
I subscribed earlier today.

Thanks,
Anthony

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.

Posted by "Anthony W. Marino" <an...@AWMObjects.com>.
How mature and/or feature complete do you consider Forrest.  Or put another
way, when do you see a beta release of some sort?

Thank You,
Anthony

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Anthony W. Marino wrote:

> Hello Steven,
> I noticed that one of the projects that Forrest depends on is "Centipede"
> which is maintained by Apache people however isn't not a in "Jakarta"
> repository.   Does that imply something about the project?

Nope, except that our own directory layout and build process are
designed after Centipede (Centipede is 'just' a generic directory layout
and template build environment to start a project with). The liaison
between Apache and Krysalis is not 'official', but you should consider
Krysalis as some kind of breading room for Apache projects (sort of):
same license, same policies, etc. Nothing to worry about - you wouldn't
even know it if we hadn't put the reference up there.

> It does, however, seem  to be an exciting project!

:-)

> Thank You,
> Anthony

My pleasure,