Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Stan Silvert <st...@jboss.com> on 2005/04/20 00:24:03 UTC

MyFaces packaging

Can anyone give me a good overview of the MyFaces jars and why they are
packaged as such?

Specifically, myfaces-impl.jar and myfaces.jar have a lot of the same
stuff in them.  Are there instances where I would use one without the
other?  If not, why are there duplicate classes, TLD's, etc.?

Sorry if I am asking an FAQ, but I haven't seen this doco'd anywhere.

Thanks,

Stan Silvert

JBoss, Inc.

ssilvert@jboss.com

callto://stansilvert

Re: MyFaces packaging

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
> Sorry if I am asking an FAQ, but I haven't seen this doco'd anywhere.

http://myfaces.apache.org/components/overview.html (see requirements and setup)

Basically the myfaces.jar lumps the api, impl and components
(w/goodies) all into one jar.

> Stan Silvert

sean