Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/01/01 11:11:26 UTC

Final 6.0.x release?

Happy New Year!

I'm starting to think about the tasks that need to be completed now
6.0.x has reached EOL.

Looking at the changelog for 6.0.x we probably do need a final 6.0.x
release to pick up the 60497 fix. Any takers?

Based on how we handled the 5.5.x EOL and assuming we want to handle
6.0.x the same way, there isn't much to do now. Assuming we do have a
final 6.0.x release, we can remind users of the EOL (and the planned
actions below) as part of the release announcement.

I'll go through the open 6.0.x bugs and close / move them as appropriate
shortly.

The tasks for ~ 3 months time are:
- remove the 6.0.x download pages
- remove the latest 6.0.x release from the mirror system
- move the 6.0.x branch in svn from /tomcat/tc6.0.x to
/tomcat/archive/tc6.0.x
- remove the links to the 6.0.x documentation from
tomcat.apache.org (the docs remain)
- The bugzilla project for 6.0.x will be made read-only

Mark

Re: Final 6.0.x release?

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

> Happy New Year!

+1

> I'm starting to think about the tasks that need to be completed now
> 6.0.x has reached EOL.
>
> Looking at the changelog for 6.0.x we probably do need a final 6.0.x
> release to pick up the 60497 fix. Any takers?
>
> Based on how we handled the 5.5.x EOL and assuming we want to handle
> 6.0.x the same way, there isn't much to do now. Assuming we do have a
> final 6.0.x release, we can remind users of the EOL (and the planned
> actions below) as part of the release announcement.

+1 to the EOL plan.

> I'll go through the open 6.0.x bugs and close / move them as appropriate
> shortly.
>
> The tasks for ~ 3 months time are:
> - remove the 6.0.x download pages
> - remove the latest 6.0.x release from the mirror system
> - move the 6.0.x branch in svn from /tomcat/tc6.0.x to
> /tomcat/archive/tc6.0.x
> - remove the links to the 6.0.x documentation from
> tomcat.apache.org (the docs remain)
> - The bugzilla project for 6.0.x will be made read-only
>
> +1

Rémy

Re: Final 6.0.x release?

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com>.
Happy New Year!

> Happy New Year!
>
> I'm starting to think about the tasks that need to be completed now
> 6.0.x has reached EOL.
>
> Looking at the changelog for 6.0.x we probably do need a final 6.0.x
> release to pick up the 60497 fix. Any takers?

I can take care for the release once we add everything that we want to
include in this final release.

Regards,
Violeta