Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Michael Robkin <mr...@hbsrx.com> on 2001/04/28 15:49:27 UTC

EJB/SERVLET QUESTION

Could we use Log4J inside EJB and Servlet?  Where should we put the log4j
configuration file on the Java Applicaiton Server?  Could we log information
into a flat file from EJB?  Is there an example avaliable?

   Michael Robkin

Re: EJB/SERVLET QUESTION

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <Ro...@appleonline.net>.
Michael Robkin wrote:

> Could we use Log4J inside EJB and Servlet?  Where should we put the log4j
> configuration file on the Java Applicaiton Server?  Could we log information
> into a flat file from EJB?  Is there an example avaliable?

i think you'll find that the answer is a qualified yes.
IMHO there isn't really a consensus about the 'right' way to do these things.
i'd strongly recommend that you search the mailing list archives since there
has been a lot of discussion about these issues.

- robert